You generally are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit the Websites. However, we may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you access various content or features, submit information to us, or directly contact us with questions or feedback:
- Contact information, such as name and e-mail address;
- Demographic information;
- Geolocation information;
- Communications preferences;
- Search queries;
- Correspondence and other information that you send to us; and
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
We also may collect certain information automatically when you visit the Websites, including:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers;
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting the Websites;
- Pages you view and links you click on within the Websites;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies;
- Information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were received, opened, or forwarded; and
- Standard Server Log Information.
Use of Information
We may use information that we collect through the Websites for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide you with the Websites, services, email alerts, and information you request and respond to correspondence that we receive from you;
- Contact you via email and otherwise about products and Websites that we think might be of interest to you;
- Maintain or administer the Websites, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Websites, and other products and Websites we offer;
- Customize and personalize your use of the Websites; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Sharing of Information
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Service Providers: We may share your information with service providers that perform certain functions or Websites on our behalf (such as to host the Websites, fulfill requests, provide Websites, manage databases, provide patient assistance programs, perform analyses, provide customer service, or send communications for us).
- Business Transfer: If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, a business reorganization, or similar event, we may transfer your information as part of such transaction.
- FDA and Prescribing Physicians: If you contact Omeros regarding your experience with one of our products, we may use the information you provide in submitting reports to regulatory agencies, such as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and as otherwise required of us by law. We also may use the information to contact the prescribing physician to follow up regarding an event involving the use of our product.
- Other Parties With Your Express or Implied Consent: We may share information with third parties when you consent to such sharing.
- Aggregate Information: We may share aggregate information, such as demographic and usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors or other organizations.
In addition, we may allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, web beacons, Local Shared Objects, and similar technologies to collect information through the Websites. For example, our third-party service providers may use these technologies to collect information that helps us with traffic measurement, research, and analytics.
We have adopted security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access to the information you provide to us. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to the Websites and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
The Websites are directed to a general audience. The Websites do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13 without prior parental consent, except as permitted by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If we learn that we have collected personal information from a user under 13, we will promptly delete personal information collected from that user.
Your California Privacy Rights
We do not share your personally identifiable information with others for their direct marketing purposes.
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the Websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, Websites should do when they receive such signals, we currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a final standard is established and accepted, we will reassess how to respond to these signals. In some cases, third parties may be able to collect information about a user’s online activities over time and across different Websites when he or she uses our Websites.
Links to Third Party Websites
Please note that the Websites are directed towards users who reside in the United States. Information that we collect may be stored and processed in the United States or in another country in which we, our agents, or our affiliated businesses maintain operations. By using our products, Websites, and this site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. While some of these countries may not offer the same level of privacy protection as your own, we commit to uphold the privacy protections as explained in this Policy.
This policy is effective as of March 9, 2016.
Omeros Corporation, Attention: General Counsel
201 Elliott Avenue West
Seattle, WA 98119